Hi I'm Steve.
I'm Lord Knight.
CS2 Taokaka, part 2
This time, combo theory!
There are a couple of main combo routes:
- 8D loop route - main combo route for Taokaka. It’s relatively easy as long as you decide not to dash. Off most clean hits you can get about 3 reps midscreen, 4 in the corner.
- Confirm route - General route used when you get some really random air hit/counter hit that you can’t go into 8D route off of.
- Max damage, non 8D loop route - Used for punishing techs and off 236C.
- AB2 route - Combo into AB2. Around 5000 damage and oki. Very easy compared to CS1.
- Easy route - Combo used when you used a lot of hits first (a bunch of 2A’s or something).
- Ground route - Simple ground combo used to go continue pressure.
- 5B > 3C > 236A > 5D~B > 5C > 8D loop - need to be point blank.
- 5B > 6A > 8D loop - main confirm
- 5B > 3C > 236CC > 5D~A > 5C > 8D loop - corner
- Forward throw > j4D~A > 5D~A > 5C > 8D loop - corner, near corner
- Back throw > 5B > 5C > 8D loop
- Air drive counter hit > dash 5C > 8D loop
8D loop ender:
- 8D loop > 2D~C > 9D~5 > jD~6 > JC > j9D~9 > j3D~3 > j236Bx5
- whatever > jC > j3D~C > jC > j9D~9 > j3D~3 > j236Bx5
- whatever > j9D~9 > j3D~3 > j236Bx5
Non 8D loop route:
- Tech punish - 2B > 5C > 2D~6 > j3D~C > j3D~A > j9D~5 > j6D~6 > jC > j9D~9 > j3D~3 > j236BX5
- 236CC > 2D~6 > j3D~C > j3D~A > j9D~5 > j6D~6 > jC > j9D~9 > j3D~3 > j236BX5
- 2D~9 > jC > j9D~9 > j3D~3 > j236Bx5
- Whatever > 3C > 236A(how many times you want) > 5D~A/B
- Whatever > 5C > jD~B > 5B > 5C > j5D~B